What is a ‘Yoga Therapy' Session?
Yoga techniques (postures, breathing exercises, relaxation/mediation practices) are customized for specific health challenges. Regardless of your health issue, a yoga practice can be developed to help manage symptoms, restore balance, increase vitality, and improve attitude.
Why book a Yoga Therapy Session?
- Yoga Therapy protocols and interventions have been developed for many conditions, including: addiction, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, autoimmune disorders, back pain, cancer, depression, diabetes, eating disorders, fatigue, fibromyalgia, heart disease, high blood pressure, hormonal issues, insomnia, joint pain, menopause, migraines, neurological issues, obesity, smoking, stress - this is just a partial list.
- Yoga Therapy is designed to complement (not compete with) conventional medical approaches.
- Yoga Therapy empowers you to participate in your own healing at all levels (body, mind, and spirit). It is an ongoing, personal commitment to health, happiness, and well-being.
- A Yoga Therapist will develop a customized practice for your health issue. Ask questions and build a confident foundation that will support your continued practice. Learn how established yoga practitioners make yoga practice a daily priority.
What to expect in your first Yoga Therapy session:
- In the first session, your Yoga Therapy intake form will be reviewed, and objectives for your session will be discussed. You will leave the first session with an initial prescription for personal practice; this will evolve as your condition changes.
- You will learn yoga postures, breathing exercises, and meditation/relaxation techniques specific for your condition.
- Handouts and resources for home study will be provided.
How much does it cost? Sessions are available to for 1-hour or 1.5-h intervals and packages are available; visit the FEE page.
How do I book an appointment?
- Contact Dr. Carol Bender by email, phone or text; email firstname.lastname@example.org; PH (405) 747-9826
- Carol will send you an intake form by email or visit with you on the phone
- You will be contacted by phone or email regarding your first appointment
What if I need to cancel an appointment? A 24-hour notice is required for cancellation of appointments. Cancellations are accepted by phone or email at (405) 747-9826 or email to email@example.com.
- Carol Bender, Ph.D., Professional Yoga Therapist (eRYT-500)
- PH/text 405.747.9826
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org